You want to like yourself.
There are times when everyone can be a little negative toward themselves and ashamed of something they’ve done, said or thought. When this little bit of negativity turns into a full blown assault against yourself filled with anger, frustration and a perpetual sense of failure you may be suffering from low self esteem. Here are a few signs that you are struggling with your self esteem.
- Monitoring social media for likes, shares or comments.
- Critical self judgment or shame when a social media post doesn’t receive the reaction you wanted.
- Finding it very hard to forgive yourself for even the smallest mistakes.
- Constant comparison between self and peers.
- A constant drive for perfectionism.
- A perpetual sense of failure.
- Difficulty accepting any criticism.
- Fearful or Anxious that you lack the power to make changes in your life.
- People pleasing.
If you identified any of these traits in yourself, you may have felt deflated of defective in someway as you read through the list. Your not, and there are a lot of people who struggle with the same things. You deserve to feel better about yourself and that it’s ok to reach out for help, it’s not a weakness but a sign that you have the courage to make a change. Contact me to schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation.