You want to like yourself.
There are times when everyone can be a little negative toward themselves and ashamed of something they’ve done, said or thought. When this little bit of negativity turns into a full-blown assault against yourself filled with anger, frustration and a perpetual sense of failure you may be suffering from low self-esteem. Here are a few signs that you are struggling with your self-esteem.
- Monitoring social media for likes, shares or comments.
- Critical self-judgment or shame when a social media post doesn’t receive the reaction you wanted.
- Finding it very hard to forgive yourself for even the smallest mistakes.
- Constant comparison between self and peers.
- A constant drive for perfectionism.
- A perpetual sense of failure.
- Difficulty accepting any criticism.
- Fear or Anxiety that you lack the power to make changes in your life.
- People pleasing.
If you identified any of these traits in yourself, you may have felt deflated or ashamed even as the list. You’re not, and there are a lot of people who struggle with the same things. You deserve to feel better about yourself and it’s ok to reach out for help. Contact me to schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation.